Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Form meets formless


Suddenly thirst descended upon me
And I downed a glass of pomegranate with my eyes closed.
You occurred from nowhere and whispered to me:
What you just drank was not a fruit juice.
It was my smile longing to merge with light.

That’s very true, I believe. What I just drank tasted more sacred
More delicious, more sublime than a pomegranate.
My bones began to grow layers of new bones and a flesh made of fire.
I hear you smiling vastly at what I said.
This is how I celebrate the song of life.
Wood and fire and the wind meet here. Right here
This is the center. Has no beginning. Has no end.

My fingers would love exploring into your silky mane that sleeps like Mississippi
Silence reigned and your eyes closed slowly.
If I may ask, tell me the secret of this wild silence, where does it come from, where does it go?
I said.
This is existence hungry for attention. She has always been here and will always be.
We will know her when we know ourselves.

Strong longing returned.
As I yearned to enter your formless
I also longed to enter your form.

Do I care? You’ve already opened me up. You broke me free from my own shells and I am no longer the same person. I am free from my old identity. Do I care? Enter me, as far as the form meets the formless.

And by saying this, you opened yourself to me generously, without doubts, without reservation.
And I entered you without doubts, without reservation.

No comments:

Post a Comment