Sunday, April 19, 2015

be present

A friend said that my writings encourage
her to go into the state of meditation
every time she reads it and out of curiosity,
she wanted to know if I meditate.
My answer was yes, I do meditate but
I don’t have a structured meditation
for this can be another belief system or a form
of institution. I practice presence in everything
that needs to be done –
so I remind you again –
your entire life becomes meditation
when you step out of your busy mind
for a moment and be present.
Wait for nothing. Demand nothing,
Be no one. Go nowhere.
When you are cooking, be present.
When you are walking, be present.
Feel the ground on which you are walking.
When you talk to a friend, be present.
When you eat, be present.
Feel the energy of the living
Earth in the meal you eat.
When you make love, be present.
Be lost inside that wild delight –
Don’t think about your next plans.
When you are in the shower,
Be present.
When you change a diaper
Be present.
When you are with a client ---
Be present -
When you drive,
Be present.

No comments:

Post a Comment