Thursday, February 23, 2012

Tension rises high

Tension rises high when
The ego wants to justify
its importance to the world.
This is happening in the streets of Damascus
It is happening in Africa and every where.

It says:
I am very important
And the world needs me badly
I am the only one for the whole planet and
If I die, the entire world will collapse
And the sun won’t rise again.
And flowers won’t bloom again.

It says:
I really want to fall in love and dissolve
But not now. I have more important
Things to do first.

3 comments:

  1. Mr. Roba,
    You have spoken to my mind, heart, and soul today, and yesterday, and the day before. Tension has been running high, I can feel it lying underneath the skin of my face, and in my chest where I'm not aware of the beat of my heart because it has been compressing rather than steadily working its magic as it does every minute of my life without my help. I will read your messge today and tomorrow and the next day. I understand that in myself I sometimes need to know that I am important to someone or some movement in order to "keep on keepin' on" but I also need to know when I am imagining that I am less important than I am or want to be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tess, my friend for being here now. I am happy that you notice the tension arising. That is the first thing to do. Just recognize there is tension. No fighting. No arguing. Just notice. Notice that there are waves of emotions moving thru. When they know you've noticed them, they dissolve. The Buddha did not fight those emotions. He just recognized them. The ocean is never worried about the foams. The sky was never irritated by the clouds. Just be a witness. Be here my friend. Thank you.

      Delete
  2. I noticed a typo in what I just wrote, but maybe it really isn't a typo: "I also need to know when I am imagining that I am *less* important...." I want to add that I need to know when I am imagining when I *more* important.

    ReplyDelete