Monday, October 10, 2011

Love, if not shared becomes a thought

I heard knocks on the door and asked
who was knocking in the middle of the night.
The voice said "I am light".
I opened the door asked her to come in and sit with me.
No one slept the rest of the night.
... When morning came, I spun her into a poem and
shared her with more friends.
The next night, I heard knocks again.
I opened the door. This time it was a regiment, not just one,
it was the entire ocean with the whole crew, not a river. Since the house was not enough
We went outside and sat under a beautiful sky.
We sat all night and watched stars.
In the morning, I wove them together and shared with more friends.
The more I shared them, they came back in multitudes
and there was no way for me to resist them
I welcomed them and kept sharing.
I knew something now I have never known before.
The nature of light is to be recognized first, as yourself
and then to be shared.
If this does not happen, it becomes a thought
and concept and then guilt and then more pain.

[Inspired by beloved friend Sattie]

No comments:

Post a Comment