Friday, April 30, 2010

Tell me what you want me to give you today

It did not rain much last night . It only showered.
Yet the creek in my neighborhood
Was gurgling with a flood of rain water.
The trees around the creek heard the sound
And burst into a white flower.
How can we learn to be grateful for every little gift we receive?
For all the gifts that we are?
All these celebrations awaken the abundance,
the majesty of giving, of sharing, of loving within me.
Oh dear!This body is small. I cannot contain this splendor.
This is my gift to you, who's reading this poem:
I want to send you a freshly picked bouquet of flower
but I realized that you are a garden of flowers already.
I wanted to give you a smile
But you’re the entire the sun, the moon and the stars already.
I wanted to give you an island
But it dawned on me that you’re the whole universe already.
So beloved friend:
I am lost in the wilderness.
Tell me what you want me to give you today.

No comments:

Post a Comment