Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Our children are not always children

Life is movement, up and down movement,
Back and forth movement
Even when we think we stand still
or we think we’re moving backward instead,
It is still a movement. We move with the cosmos.
Some of us move thru wind, some of us thru water,
Those of us who move thru fire would sure cook well, thru and thru
Or burn to the ashes of ancient music and merge with my soul.

As humans, we yearn to be parents one day;
To bring forth children and raise them
Awareness strikes and
We realize that we are not always parents and
Our children are not always children
Some days they are our parents
They can smile and laugh
Through economic recession
And mortgage crisis or bad harvest
And we heal thru their smiles.
Their pure laughs remove fear and anguish.
I have to admit right now;
Any one who lives in this moment is my MASTER.
Please come, take my hand.

This poem is inspired by a brief conversation between my friend Christian Korn and myself. Thank you Chris for inspiring me.

No comments:

Post a Comment