Wednesday, February 18, 2015

when a friend is here

What is it like when a friend 
is here? 
a wind picks up and the
door opens on its own.
You become empty like a
bamboo flute and your
whole being makes sweet music.
Time is no longer precious
nor tedious -
It melts and turns into
a mystery that contains us.
You say, I am ready for wine
Because milk is for the sober ones.
You will have the courage
to look in the eye of the
friend and say –
Beloved,
If I walk or run,
you are my feet 
if I fly, you are my wings
and feathers –
if I smile, you are the glow
on my face -
if I am a flower, you are the summer
full of sun.
if I am a nourishing meal,
you are the fire that cooks me –
I hear some times people saying
they have done this and that
by themselves. 
I think what they really
wanted to say is,
they want to vanish
in the ocean
of your beauty

No comments:

Post a Comment