Saturday, May 3, 2014

this moment is not a problem

After reading my book “Please come Home” a woman in her late 50s came to me and said, I am shocked. All your poetry is about living in the present moment. That is my problem. Now is my challenge. It is exactly what I have been avoiding in my entire life because it hurts. It hurts to be in this moment …..” I said to her, this moment is not a problem and it has never been a problem. It is the way we look at it. It is the way we think about it that is a problem. As human beings we experience fear and pain every day and we either repress them, run away from them or wage war against them. Running away or fighting only intensifies the pain. Hundred wars have been fought in the world. Nobody was a winner. They only brought deep suffering. Humans are very good at hiding their pain and pretending to be happy. There is a way in the middle called acceptance. By accepting our pain, by fully embracing our fear and looking at it like a visitor and touching it with the light in our heart, we can begin our walk towards wholeness.

No comments:

Post a Comment