Thursday, August 1, 2013

beside the heart,


As our morning ritual
Homa, my daughter, and I were out For a walk again.
Homa stopped several times watching the lives
Of insects and warms.
When we went past the bush of lilac trees
and those massive oak trees standing on both side of the street,
Homa looked at me in the eye and said she want to rest a little bit.
Are you tired? I said to her.
It is not that, daddy. She said,
The trees and the grass and
the flowers here smelled like mommy ----
I was swept away by the rivers of pure innocence
And could not utter a word.
The one who walks beside the heart,
The one who knows he is coming home
Is never in a rush.
When you kiss the beloved, make sure
That you are slowly dissolving. Let the kissing
Be a deep prayer to which all your pride, worries
and concerns want to surrender.

No comments:

Post a Comment