Tuesday, September 6, 2011

One morning

 One morning
Countless moons and seasons ago
while I was rushing to work, attired like an emperor,
my clothes started to fall off me.
I was in a rush and I had no time to pick them up.
More and more clothes kept falling off me
Until I started walking fully undressed.
Amazingly enough it was snowing that morning and the snow felt like a friend's warm hands and all the eyes looking at me
were like my own eyes gazing from within.

I heard a voice from somewhere, someone was calling my name.
I looked back and it was a friend, He said to me:

You know, my friend, I am here all the time, all the time, watching, day and nights but I have not seen you passing by. Do you come this way daily? He wanted to know. Yes, I said. So why is that I have not seen you? He inquired.
I am not sure, my friend, may be I have changed or may be you have changed or who knows? I said.
That is not the case. he continued, the truth is ;
you were attired in so many garments and so many layers that they have made it very difficult for me to recognize you.
Now look at you! Look at you my friend! He shouted at the top of the sky, still standing before my eyes
but I cannot see him any more. The eyes have now open beyond seeing. The ears grew beyond hearing. All the senses have fully surrendered to pure beauty and something untouched, unseen, untasted, unheard and something unsmelled arose from the field of pure innocence.

No comments:

Post a Comment